We are committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how we collect and process personal information about you when you use our products and services (our “Services”), or when you otherwise do business or make contact with us by visiting all of the Sites and services owned, hosted, or operated by One Eyed Cat Ltd t/a One Eyed Cat Online Marketing (collectively “we,” “us,” or “our”), including oneeyedcat.com and any other site that we have owned or operated, do own and operate or may own or operate in the future including social media sites (collectively, the “Sites”). Unless we say otherwise, all references to the Sites in this policy include all such Sites.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
One Eyed Cat may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
What types of information we collect
We may collect the following information when you register to use our Services, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey or offer, make an enquiry through our websites, or contact us in any other way:
- Name, email, address, phone number
- Job title, organisation information
- Usernames and passwords
- Billing details (Payment card details are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment.)
- Transaction data for of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address and your use of our websites
- If you register for a course the information is used to to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the course and related events
- Copies of your communications with us
How we use the information we collect
The personal information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service :
- To deal with enquiries, requests and technical support (your information helps us respond to your individual needs)
- To create and administer records about any online account that you register with us
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us
- To improve our websites (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- For website and system administration and security
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our users, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to generally manage our business
- To process transactions and to provide Services to our customers and end-users
- For recruitment purposes, in the event you apply for a job with us
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other content across our sites
- To send periodic transactional emails. The email address you provide to process your order and purchase a product will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we will send occasional marketing emails about our products and services, which you can unsubscribe from at any time using the link provided in the message.
Your rights with respect to the data we collect
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your data. This includes:
- where you have agreed to direct marketing, the right to object to our processing of your data for that purpose, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party which you can exercise by requesting us to delete your details at any time by sending a written request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How you may contact us regarding your data
You can contact our Data Privacy Officer (DPO) and dedicated compliance team at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and we’ll be able to assist with your data inquiries, requests and data protection issues.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our websites, look for the box that you can click to indicate your preference regarding receiving further marketing correspondence from us
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email your request to email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will only share your information with third parties in certain circumstances:
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- We may also disclose information about you to third parties where we believe it necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property or that of third parties; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users, customers, and other third parties.
- We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes.
We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details at the bottom of this document, and we will delete your personal information on request.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
One Eyed Cat Ltd t/a One Eyed Cat Online Marketing
Registered in England & Wales: 05753272
If you have any questions you may contact us at:
One Eyed Cat Ltd
Caerphilly Business Park
Tel: 02921 679043